- Francisco and Alessandro present at EMBLIn February, Francisco held his invited talk and Alessandro presented a poster at the “In situ structural biology: from cryo-EM to multi-scale modelling” workshop at EMBL in Heidelberg.
- Lab retreat in BrnoIn December, we had our lab retreat in Brno, Jakub’s hometown.
- Welcome Francisco!Francisco has started his Master’s thesis in our lab! Learn more about him in our Team tab.
- Welcome Jakub!Jakub has recently joined our lab and started his Master’s in Physics at the University of Vienna.
- Mehrta and Alba attended the PicoQuant Single Molecule workshop in BerlinMehrta also presented a poster about her work on MINFLUX modelling at the workshop last month
- Alessandro presented at the Single Biomolecules meeting in Cold Spring HarborAlessandro presented his work on fluorescent probes for MINFLUX at the Single Biomolecules conference last month in Cold Spring Harbor
- Max and Francisco attended SMLMS 2022
We presented at the conference our work in scanning technology, MINFLUX modeling and fluorescent probes.
- Congrats to Alessandro on his first VBC Monday Seminar!Every Monday three PhD students and postdocs present their work to our campus.
- We attended the Enrico Fermi School for Multimodal and Nanoscal Optical Microscopy
We attended the school, where Mehrta, Alessandro and Francisco presented their work.
- Fun times at Laser World of Photonics
Alba, Max and Francisco attended Laser World of Photonics 2022 in search for lasers and optics!
- Francisco presented at Focus on Microscopy 2022
Francsico presented our work at FOM 2022 and chaired the STED session.
- We visited the Gulbenkian institute during our retreat in Lisbon
We visited the Henriques Lab at the Gulbenkian Institute during our retreat.
- IMP/IMBA Recess 2021We had the annual recess for IMBA and IMP, full of exciting talks and fruitful interactions with our SAB members.
- Francisco presented at Seeing is Believing 2021
The symposium Seeing is Believing (EMBL, virtual) brings together leading developers of imaging methods with cutting-edge applications that illustrate how imaging can answer biological questions.
- We visited the Testa Lab in Stockholm
During the visit Francisco served as opponent for the Thesis Defense of Andreas Bodén, member of the Testa Lab. We also had optics discussions and celebrations.
- Welcome Alba!
Alba Gómez-Segalàs, M.Sc. in Optics and Photonics from Karlsruher Institut für Technologie joined our lab!
- Francisco presented at SMLM2021
The conference SMLMS 2021 (Lausanne, Switzerland) puts together groups working on experimental and theoretical aspects of single molecule localization and related techniques.
- Francisco presented at M&M2021
The conference Microscopy and Microanalysis 2021 (Pittsburgh, USA – virtual) spans advances in instrumentation/technique development and applications in the analytical, biological, and physical sciences.
- Welcome Alessandro!Alessandro Passera, M.Sc Biology from the Scuola Normale Superiore joined our lab!
- Welcome Sebastian!
Sebastian Isbaner, Ph.D in physics from the Enderlein Lab, joined our lab!
- Welcome Mehrta!
Mehrta Shirzadian, M.Sc. Mathematical Modelling from the group of Joahim Hermisson, joined our lab!
- Welcome Max!
Max Geismann, M.Sc. in Microelectronics and Photonics from the Rotter lab, joined our lab!
- The lab received an ERC Starting GrantWe are very proud to have been awarded an ERC Starting Grant!!
|Spring 2022||Multimodal and Nanoscale Optical Microscopy |
|Focus on Microscopy|
|Seeing is Believing|
EMBL, Germany (virtual)
|31 Aug 2021||SMLMS 2021|
|01 Aug 2021||Microscopy and Microanalysis 2021|
Pittsburgh, USA (virtual)
|25 Mar 2021||Tomographic Reconstructions and their Startling Applications|