Welcome to the Balzarotti Lab website!
We are an interdisciplinary group that brings solutions to life science problems by combining our expertise in physics, engineering, mathematics and biology.
Check out our open positions
JUNE 2022 – NEW POSITIONS!
- Max and Francisco attended SMLMS 2022
We presented at the conference our work in scanning technology, MINFLUX modeling and fluorescent probes.
- Congrats to Alessandro on his first VBC Monday Seminar!Every Monday three PhD students and postdocs present their work to our campus.
- We attended the Enrico Fermi School for Multimodal and Nanoscal Optical Microscopy
We attended the school, where Mehrta, Alessandro and Francisco presented their work.
- Fun times at Laser World of Photonics
Alba, Max and Francisco attended Laser World of Photonics 2022 in search for lasers and optics!
- Francisco presented at Focus on Microscopy 2022
Francsico presented our work at FOM 2022 and chaired the STED session.
- We visited the Gulbenkian institute during our retreat in Lisbon
- IMP/IMBA Recess 2021We had the annual recess for IMBA and IMP, full of exciting talks and fruitful interactions with our SAB members.
- Francisco presented at Seeing is Believing 2021
The symposium Seeing is Believing (EMBL, virtual) brings together leading developers of imaging methods with cutting-edge applications that illustrate how imaging can answer biological questions.
- August 29th 2022
Francisco and Max at SMLMS in Paris, France
- August 30th 2022
Alessandro at Single Biomolecules – Cold Spring Harbor in New York, USA
- September 7th 2022
Alba and Mehrta at 27th International Workshop on
“Single Molecule Spectroscopy and Super-resolution Microscopy” in Berlin, Germany
- February 8th 2023
Francisco at In situ structural biology: from cryo-EM to multi-scale modelling in Heidelberg, Germany
- February 18th 2023
Francisco at the Biophysical Society Meeting in San Diego, USA
FUNDING AND SUPPORT